Subscribe to LARC-L
Articles by Regions
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
About the LARC-L Mailing List
- What is LARC-L?
- What is posted on LARC-L?
- How do I subscribe to LARC-L?
- How do I access postings to LARC-L?
- How do I post a message to LARC-L?
- How do I unsubscribe from LARC-L?
- Who should I contact if I require Technical Support?
LARC-L is a community announcement list for policy makers and practitioners involved in international sustainable development in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). This free knowledge-sharing tool is managed and moderated by the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) Reporting Services, as part of the Latin America & Caribbean Regional Coverage Programme (LARC).
LARC-L is a peer-to-peer service meant to advance understanding of sustainable development in Latin America and the Caribbean by allowing subscribers to post announcements related to activities with a strong focus on international sustainable development policy and/or practice. LARC-L offers users a tool to better publicize and coordinate their efforts through virtual knowledge exchange.
Postings include international sustainable development policy news, announcements of workshops/seminars/conferences, job listings and information on new publications and online resources. Postings also include the Latin America & Caribbean Regional Update, a compilation of items recently posted to the Latin America & Caribbean Regional Coverage knowledgebase, which was also developed by IISD.
The listserve is moderated by IISD, and only announcements that satisfy the following guidelines will be distributed to subscribers:
- All postings should be announcements appropriate for an international audience that have a connection to international sustainable development policy and/or practice in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC): i.e. application of best practices in sustainable development in the region, announcements or outcomes of sustainable-development-related meetings or sessions/side events held in or regarding the region, job postings relevant to the region, and publications and online resources regarding sustainable development policy and practice as it applies to LAC;
- No press releases or postings that are commercial in nature, personal statements, news stories, polemic statements or postings intended to create discussion will be cleared for distribution to the list;
- Postings should include the internet address for large documents (URLs) rather than including attached files. If possible, do not send file attachments. If you must attach a file, small PDF files under 200 kb are always recommended. Any message larger than 500kb is rejected by our software.
To subscribe to the LARC-L listserve, enter your email address below.
It is recommended that you set a password when subscribing, to protect your settings and prevent others from posting on your behalf.
To do this, after subscribing,
- Go to your Membership Options at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/
- In the upper right corner of the page click on ‘not logged in’
- Enter the e-mail address you have subscribed with in our lists
- Click on LARC-L
- Click on ‘my account’ in the left hand menu
- Choose ‘advanced’
- Enter the password and save the changes made
- Log out
To receive LARC-L postings in your email, subscribe to the LARC-L listserve as described above.
To read LARC-L postings online, and to access older posts, visit the LARC-L listserve Archive.
Any LARC-L subscriber can post to the list. Just send the message to LARC-L@lists.iisd.ca (in exactly the format that you would like it to be distributed to the list). If your message fits within the guidelines, the moderator will approve it for distribution to all the members of the list.
To unsubscribe from LARC-L, visit [Membership Options] at https://lists.iisd.ca/read/all_forums/. This link is available at the bottom of every message posted to LARC-L.
Log in with the e-mail address you have used to subscribe to LARC-L. Then:
- Click on ‘not logged in’ button in upper right corner of page
- Enter password (if you set one when you subscribed)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ option next LARC-L.
Alternatively, each message includes an ‘unsubscribe’ option in the bottom footnote, which you can select.
If you have any difficulty unsubscribing, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.
If you require Technical Support, please contact IISD RS <iisd-rs at iisd dot org>.