Subscribe to LARC-L
Articles by Regions
IISD's Knowledge Management
IISD RS Meeting Coverage
Help & FAQ
- Where does the content come from?
- What kind of content is available?
- How is the content organized?
- What should I do if something on the site doesn't work?
All news articles on Latin America & Caribbean Regional Coverage are researched and produced by our Team of thematic experts. This site is not an aggregator of news from other sources. We research by being at the meetings, talking to those involved, and searching for information from official sources, not just by reading second-hand sources.
The content highlights the actions being taken to address sustainable development policy in Latin America and the Caribbean and is organized according to a number of categories:
- We present an integrated view of issues in the LAC region by covering and highlighting the interdependence of topics such as agriculture and food security, biodiversity, energy, climate change, and transportation.
- We concentrate on activities undertaken by major intergovernmental and multilateral actors including bodies, agencies and funds within the UN system, as well as key regional organizations such as the Organization of American States (OAS) and sub-regional actors such as the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) and the Central American Commission on Environment and Development (CCAD)
- We cover a variety of actions related to sustainable development policy: announcements, statements, and press conferences given by key actors; meetings held to discuss scientific findings or policy, negotiate agreements, or provide training and build capacity; scientific and general publications; project announcements and their implementation; and key agreed outcomes.
If you are experiencing difficulties with the LARC-L Mailing List, please visit the About the LARC-L Mailing List page for further information.
If you are experiencing difficulties in viewing the contents of this website, please contact Brad Vincelette <brad at iisd dot org>